Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fill-in Form General Questions Fill-in Form General Questions is offline

Default Text Form Field question...

I added a form text field inside a table in a new form I wrote. When I type
something inside that field, I cannot format the text with the standard
formatting tools (bold, italic, underline and mainly bullets and numbers with
is what I need to do)

so in summary. I want to have a 1 column and 1 row table where I can type
free form text, with bullets, numbers and other formatting.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Fill-in Form General Questions wrote:
I added a form text field inside a table in a new form I wrote. When
I type something inside that field, I cannot format the text with the
standard formatting tools (bold, italic, underline and mainly bullets
and numbers with is what I need to do)

so in summary. I want to have a 1 column and 1 row table where I can
type free form text, with bullets, numbers and other formatting.

Thanks

There are no form fields that support formatting of that kind.

You can place a section break before the table, another after the table, and
use the Select Sections link on the Protect Document task pane to leave the
table's section unprotected and able to be formatted (assuming you need
forms protection for form fields in the other sections). Remove the form
field from the table, as it won't operate in the unprotected area.

If you have Word 2007 (and everyone else who needs to fill in your form also
has 2007), you can use a Rich Text Content Control instead of the form
field.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fill-in Form General Questions Fill-in Form General Questions is offline

Thanks..
I understand. I inserted section brakes from the Insert menu... Don't know
how to turn them on/off for modification