Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert11

Default Line Spacing Problem ?

Hello,

Using MS WORD 2002 under XP.

This is really driving me crazy.

On some documents, but not all, when I type in text, the line spacing
seems to be such that it creates a blank line between the regular lines of
text.

The cursor, though, just goes to the regular text lines (as if the blank
line wasn't there).

I went to the formatting toolbar, found the line spacing icon, and
verified that it was set to 1. Also looked under the paragraph formatting,
and it to is set to "single line".

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this may be, and how to reset it
such that it goes from a normal line to a normal line, without creating an
apparently
blank line between the text lines that I enter ?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Format Paragraph. Look at space before and space after. You might want to
turn on display of paragraph marks.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Robert11" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rajkohli

Select a Paragraph, which have a double spacing between lines. Check the
Before and After spacing in Format - Paragraph. Set them to 0.

If the setting are changing with every new document then click the Default
button.

Let us know!

"Robert11" wrote:

[...]

Change default line spacing in Office Word Adam New Users 2 February 14th 06 06:35 PM
Line Spacing Problem Don Page Layout 3 October 25th 05 12:28 AM
How to set the line spacing for the whole document? [email protected] Page Layout 3 October 8th 05 12:44 AM
how to remove double spacing around a line added after OCR Derby Don Microsoft Word Help 1 December 15th 04 08:29 AM
Problem: A border line that I can't get rid of... Gary Warner New Users 2 December 1st 04 11:20 PM