iosifina

Default lose adobe acrobat toolbar

I followed options A and B of Mayor's solutions, but the 4 inches of adobe
acrobat toolbars still appeared. I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat 6.0. Still 4
inches of...I then uninstalled Word 2003 and installed Word 2000. Still 4
inches of....! I'm at my wit's end. What in the world has Adobe Acrobat
done to Word? My Word was fine until I installed AA 6.0; yet its legacy still
remains!

Word will create a new, factory-fresh Normal.dot. If you have any
customizations saved in Oldnormal.dot, you can retrieve some, but not all,
of them via the Organizer. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for a discussion of
which customizations are retrievable.

iosifina wrote:
I followed options A and B of Mayor's solutions, but the 4 inches of
adobe acrobat toolbars still appeared. I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat
6.0. Still 4 inches of...I then uninstalled Word 2003 and installed
Word 2000. Still 4 inches of....! I'm at my wit's end. What in the
world has Adobe Acrobat done to Word? My Word was fine until I
installed AA 6.0; yet its legacy still remains!

Graham Mayor

It should do - hopefully you are *replacing* Word 2000 with 2003. If you
install it as an upgrade it should move the files around to their new
locations. if you uninstall one then install the other the Acrobat add-in
may be in the wrong folder following the change.
Suzanne has covered the other part of your question.