mommahinc

Default Custom Toolbar

How do you customize the toolbar and have it stay? Everytime I go back into
word, I have the original toolbar. I have gone to tools and changed it but I
would like my toolbar as the default.
How do I get rid of the task pane? I go to tools/options/view and unselect
"startup task pane" but that does not work. I would like to open a document
without that botersome pane.

thanks
Charles Kenyon

I create a custom toolbar and use that instead, but your customizations
should be sticking unless you are somehow freezing normal.dot. If that is
the case, use a different custom global template. See
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step instructions
on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations including
AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros, etc.

Please only ask one question in a posting to get the best answers. For your
task pane pain, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...owTaskPane.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"mommahinc" wrote in message
How do you customize the toolbar and have it stay? Everytime I go back
into
word, I have the original toolbar. I have gone to tools and changed it
but I
would like my toolbar as the default.
How do I get rid of the task pane? I go to tools/options/view and
unselect
"startup task pane" but that does not work. I would like to open a
document
without that botersome pane.

thanks

mommahinc

Thank you for responding. I'm new at this advice route. I checked out the
websites but they were all for word 2000 or 2002. I have 2003 which is a
different animal than 2000. I have 2003 at work and have no trouble with the
toolbar settings (or the task pane), but at home my 2003 professional edition
wants to defaut back to the ms settings.

thanks
A.Hinc

"mommahinc" wrote in message
How do you customize the toolbar and have it stay? Everytime I go back
into
word, I have the original toolbar. I have gone to tools and changed it
but I
would like my toolbar as the default.
How do I get rid of the task pane? I go to tools/options/view and
unselect
"startup task pane" but that does not work. I would like to open a
document
without that botersome pane.

thanks

Charles Kenyon

I am sorry, I was distracted by your use of the term toolbar and didn't read
all the way through. Use the task pane controller that Suzanne has linked
you to or one of the other ones you can find at
http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm.
--

"mommahinc" wrote in message
How do you customize the toolbar and have it stay? Everytime I go back
into
word, I have the original toolbar. I have gone to tools and changed it
but I
would like my toolbar as the default.
How do I get rid of the task pane? I go to tools/options/view and
unselect
"startup task pane" but that does not work. I would like to open a
document
without that botersome pane.

thanks

AHinc

I downloaded this task pane controller help but when I try to install it, I
am supposed to enable macros but that option is not available to me, just
disable and the installation fails. Aggh! It's so frustrating.
Thank you for your help.

"mommahinc" wrote in message
How do you customize the toolbar and have it stay? Everytime I go

back
into
word, I have the original toolbar. I have gone to tools and changed

it
but I
would like my toolbar as the default.
How do I get rid of the task pane? I go to tools/options/view and
unselect
"startup task pane" but that does not work. I would like to open a
document
without that botersome pane.

thanks

If your Macro Security level is set to Medium, you should be able to enable
macros, but that should not be necessary if you install the add-in in Word's
Startup folder and have "Trust all installed templates and add-ins" checked
on the Trusted Sources tab of Tools | Macro | Security.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The TaskPaneController from
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...owTaskPane.htm works in both

Word