Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
RNG

Default Lookup

Greetings:
I have a mail merge process that print some address. The problem I am having
is that I am receiving the country code and not the full name of the
corresponding country code.

I cannot change the data source to include the full name. I know that in
mail merge I cannot access 2 datasource. Can I have some kind of lookup
function that I could use to transform the country code to its full name?

Any advise is welcome.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I think that your best bet will be to execute the merge to a new document
and then use EditReplace to replace the country codes with the full name.
If there are not too many countries involved, or you don't need to do it on
a regular basis, a series of manual EditReplaces will probably not be too
much trouble. If there are more countries or this is a regular task, then
it might be worth developing a macro to do a series of EditReplaces by
iterating through a table that contains the codes and the full names to get
the findtext and replacementwith text to use.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP