Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.newusers
John

Default PDF Creation

Hi

I need to turn my word documents in pdf and also optionally email them from
time to time. I know there are several utilities that act like a printer to
accomplish this. Could someone please recommend some of the better ones?

Thanks

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Adobe Acrobat.

And they all act like printers.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"John" wrote in message
Hi

I need to turn my word documents in pdf and also optionally email them
from time to time. I know there are several utilities that act like a
printer to accomplish this. Could someone please recommend some of the
better ones?

Thanks

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Primo PDF is free

http://www.primopdf.com/

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"John" wrote in message
Hi

I need to turn my word documents in pdf and also optionally email them
from time to time. I know there are several utilities that act like a
printer to accomplish this. Could someone please recommend some of the
better ones?

Thanks

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jezebel

"John" wrote in message
Do I really need all that just to create pdfs from documents?

Yes.

There are freebie versions around, but check their acceptability first if
you are using the PDFs for commercial printing or inclusion in professional
publications. Some of the freebies create files that don't meet all the
technical requirements.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill

Try the PDFill free pdf writer & tools. They will do what you probably need
to have done. http://www.pdfill.com/pdf_writer_free.html

Cfred

"Jezebel" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
Do I really need all that just to create pdfs from documents?

Yes.

There are freebie versions around, but check their acceptability first if
you are using the PDFs for commercial printing or inclusion in
professional publications. Some of the freebies create files that don't
meet all the technical requirements.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

No but you asked for the better ones. And you didn't tell us what features
you need.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"John" wrote in message
Hi

I need to turn my word documents in pdf and also optionally email them
from time to time. I know there are several utilities that act like a
printer to accomplish this. Could someone please recommend some of the
better ones?

Thanks

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Howard Kaikow

"Jezebel" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
Do I really need all that just to create pdfs from documents?

Yes.

There are freebie versions around, but check their acceptability first if
you are using the PDFs for commercial printing or inclusion in

professional
publications. Some of the freebies create files that don't meet all the
technical requirements.

I agree.

I have found that even some well known programs do not do a good job of
producing PDF from Word.
For serious work, either buy the full Acrobat product, or, if you have the
resources to do so, find some way to assure the quality of some other
free/commercial product.

It will be interesting to see the quality of the PDF engine used in the next
version of Office. might suffice for many/most apps.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.newusers
sat

John wrote:
Hi

I need to turn my word documents in pdf and also optionally email them from
time to time. I know there are several utilities that act like a printer to
accomplish this. Could someone please recommend some of the better ones?

Thanks

Regards

John,
you can go with www.pdf995.com
I've used it for years.
It is free or a one time payment of (I believe $9.95) to register to get
rid of the 1 nag screen that comes up everytime you start the
program--but it is a static screen--no links to the internet, etc.
You can do a LOT, with it, as well as manage PDF rights to copy,
security, etc. by download ing their free PDFEDIT995 utility as well, etc.
Good and responsive tech support.
If you MUST use PDF for GRAPHICS work such as creating logos, business
cards, etc., the quality will not be up to standards for FINE ARTS and
you'll need to invest in Adobe's own product.
But for all types of documents for business purposes, PDF995 wil work
just great, with more features than almost all of the free utilities, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.newusers
cart99

Cute Pdf is the standard we use, clean, simple and free

http://www.cutepdf.com