Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ulf Nilsson

Default Jump to a specific place

Hi,
Is it possible to, when open a document, jump to a specific place directly -
without using macro?

/ Ulf
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Depends on what that "specific place" is.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ulf Nilsson" wrote in message
Hi,
Is it possible to, when open a document, jump to a specific place
directly -
without using macro?

/ Ulf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ulf Nilsson

Hi,
When a user opens the document, the cursor should be where I want the user
to start typing text - not at the top of the document.

/ Ulf

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Depends on what that "specific place" is.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ulf Nilsson" wrote in message
Hi,
Is it possible to, when open a document, jump to a specific place
directly -
without using macro?

/ Ulf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

There is no way to do this without using macros or protected forms.

Note, a protected form does not need to look like a form. It is just a
document in which there are only certain places that a user can type. This
is what Word calls an "online form." Check this in help. For more about
online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Ulf Nilsson" wrote in message
news
Could be, but most of the time ordinary text - not in a header or footer.

/ Ulf

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Like a form?

--

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Depends on what that "specific place" is.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ulf Nilsson" wrote in message
Hi,
Is it possible to, when open a document, jump to a specific place
directly -
without using macro?

/ Ulf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Insert a bookmark at the desired place, then record a macro of going to that
bookmark. Name the macro AutoOpen (or add it to an existing AutoOpen macro).
Save the macro in the specific document or template. If it's in a document,
the user will have to enable the macro to benefit from this functionality.

"Ulf Nilsson" wrote in message
Hi,
Is it possible to, when open a document, jump to a specific place

directly -
without using macro?

/ Ulf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale

This may or may not be useful (or even clear!), but say the "specific place"
is the top margin which is quite large, you enter any text that comes before
this "specific place" in a text box which is placed in that large margin
space, the document will open with the cursor at the top margin (which is
below the text box).
--
Rae Drysdale

"Ulf Nilsson" wrote:

Could be, but most of the time ordinary text - not in a header or footer.

/ Ulf

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Like a form?