Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeahT

Default Attaching Files to a Form Document

I created a form and am now being asked how to attach other files to this
document. In otherwords, they fill out the form and then want to attach the
files that hold the pictures which are related to the information they just
entered. Is there anyway to allow this in a locked form!?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi Leah,

To do this:
.. insert one or more section breaks into the document, so that the
formfields are in their own section(s) and not in the sections where you
want to be able to insert the pictures
.. use Tools|Protect Document|Forms|Sections to protect only the section(s)
with the formfields.

Cheers

"LeahT" wrote in message
I created a form and am now being asked how to attach other files to this
document. In otherwords, they fill out the form and then want to attach

the
files that hold the pictures which are related to the information they

just
entered. Is there anyway to allow this in a locked form!?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeahT

If I put a section break at the end of the main form table, where they would
be doing all of their typing, when it rolls to another page will that
interfer with the section break or will it still allow them to attach the
picture to the end of the document. They don't want to attach the pictures
into the body of the document...they want to be able to attach it as like the
the information that they type into the form since it is the most relevent. I
and they would really like each picture to show up as its own page. (ie:
Insert/File as opposed to Insert/Picture/From File)

"LeahT" wrote in message
I created a form and am now being asked how to attach other files to this
document. In otherwords, they fill out the form and then want to attach

the
files that hold the pictures which are related to the information they

just
entered. Is there anyway to allow this in a locked form!?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi Leah,

If you put a section break at the end of the main form table, they would
fill in the form, then tab/scroll to the next section where they could type
in extra text or insert pictures. If they want, they can even insert more
section breaks and/or page breaks into the unprotected section. If you only
give them an unprotected section at the end of the document, nothing they do
there can affect the layout of the section of the document that includes the
form.

Cheers

"LeahT" wrote in message
If I put a section break at the end of the main form table, where they

would
be doing all of their typing, when it rolls to another page will that
interfer with the section break or will it still allow them to attach the
picture to the end of the document. They don't want to attach the pictures
into the body of the document...they want to be able to attach it as like

with

"LeahT" wrote in message
I created a form and am now being asked how to attach other files to

this
document. In otherwords, they fill out the form and then want to

attach
the
files that hold the pictures which are related to the information they

just
entered. Is there anyway to allow this in a locked form!?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeahT

I am soooo happy...and so are my engineers...they have everything they wanted
in this form and then some! Thank you so much for your help!!!