Lisa1612

Default Underline excel in word

I have inserted an excel spreadsheet (somehow!) in my word document. This is
great but unfortunately, double underlines appear as single underline and all
single underlines are slightly thicker. Can anyone tell me where I'm going
wrong please? Thanks in advance.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TGlzYTE2MTI=?=,

I have inserted an excel spreadsheet (somehow!) in my word document. This is
great but unfortunately, double underlines appear as single underline and all
single underlines are slightly thicker. Can anyone tell me where I'm going
wrong please?

You have to figure out how you did it, and describe that to us, so that we know
what you have... Also, which version of Office do you have?

Do you see the same when you actually print the page? Or is the problem only
on-screen?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Lisa1612

I did Insert; Object; Create from file; Browse and found my excel document I
had already created. This excel had a double underline (on the cell not the
characters).

I have Microsoft Office XP Small Business.

Viewing the excel as excel within word shows a double line. Viewing and
printing the word document is just a single line.

Hope you can help.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?TGlzYTE2MTI=?=,

I have inserted an excel spreadsheet (somehow!) in my word document. This is
great but unfortunately, double underlines appear as single underline and all
single underlines are slightly thicker. Can anyone tell me where I'm going
wrong please?

You have to figure out how you did it, and describe that to us, so that we know
what you have... Also, which version of Office do you have?

Do you see the same when you actually print the page? Or is the problem only
on-screen?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TGlzYTE2MTI=?=,

I did Insert; Object; Create from file; Browse and found my excel document I
had already created. This excel had a double underline (on the cell not the
characters).

I have Microsoft Office XP Small Business.

Viewing the excel as excel within word shows a double line. Viewing and
printing the word document is just a single line.

This sounds as if it could be an issue with the printer driver, check with the
printer manufacturer if they're aware there's a problem, and if they have an
updated driver that fixes it.

Beyond that, if you're not needing to edit the excel information from within
Word, you could try this approach:

1. Open the Excel file in Excel

2. Select the cells you want to display in Word

3. Hold down SHIFT, then choose Edit/Copy as picture

4. Switch to Word

5. Edit/Paste Special. Choose a graphics option, such as "Word picture" or
"Bitmap" (you may want to test the various possibilities). Activate "Link" if
you want a link.