Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline

Default Word 2007 will not open - Icon does not show properly

Hi. I am a student and just went to type a paper only to discover that Word
will not open. When I right click on the icon and check the properties I am
told that "This is not a valid shortcut."

I have Office 2007 and the remainder of the Office programs are working
perfectly. I am running this on a Dell Inspiron with the XP operating
system. I did not upgrade to Vista.

I tried to system restore with no luck. I also checked for Microsoft
updates and ran Microsoft Diagnostics. I ran McAfee virus scan to check for
threats. None of these were helpful.

Any suggestions? This is mighty inconvenient

Thanks.