Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Exor Exor is offline

Default How can I get Word 2007 to add furigana to Japanese Kanji?

In word 2003 you can highlight a Japanese Kanji (or group of Kanji) and then
click on Format Asian Layout Pronunciation Guide. This will automatically
add furigana (sometimes called Ruby) above the kanji for easier reading. I
cannot seem to find this option anywhere in Word 2007. Any help would be
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Exor Exor is offline

Anyone?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Exor,

To have the Phonetic Guide choice appear in Word 2007 go to the Word Options (Office Button=Word Options=Popular or Alt, T, O)
then click on the 'Language Settings' choice.

If Japanese is not already in the 'Enabled editing languages' choice add it to the list.

In the Home tab, look in the Font group for an Icon with a capital A and small 'abc' above it in the top row. That will be the
Phonetic guide. (You may need to restart Word after adding Japanese (limited support) from language settings.

==============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
How Word 2007 adds pinyin to Chinese? How Word 2007 adds pinyin to Chinese? is offline

Hi,
I have a different problem with the phonetic guide. I can use the
phonetic guide to add furigana to Japanese Kanji. However, I can't use the
guide to add pinyin on Chinese characters. Anybody who knows how to fix the
problem please help me.

Jue