Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
crossroads crossroads is offline

Default Word 2002 crashing regularly - Outlook the cause?

I'm using XP Prof (SP3) and outlook 2002. I've recently resumed using
Outlook and at least once a day Word crashes with the Error signature;
winword.exe and ModVer 10.0.6753.0 and ModName: envelope.dll

I have no idea whether there's a connection with the crashes and using
Outlook but I'm guessing there is. I have Word set to edit on Outlook. I
use Bells & Whistles so I can use my own HTML formatting for messages and
signatures.

I've done the updates from M'soft and I searched on ModVer 10.0.6753.0 and
see there's a recent Bulletin with this with the instruction to check updates
which I've done but the crashes persist.

any clues?
--
phil b
australia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

While personally I think using Word as e-mail editor creates more problems
than it solves, see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

crossroads wrote:
I'm using XP Prof (SP3) and outlook 2002. I've recently resumed using
Outlook and at least once a day Word crashes with the Error signature;
winword.exe and ModVer 10.0.6753.0 and ModName: envelope.dll

I have no idea whether there's a connection with the crashes and using
Outlook but I'm guessing there is. I have Word set to edit on
Outlook. I use Bells & Whistles so I can use my own HTML formatting
for messages and signatures.

I've done the updates from M'soft and I searched on ModVer
10.0.6753.0 and see there's a recent Bulletin with this with the
instruction to check updates which I've done but the crashes persist.

any clues?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
crossroads crossroads is offline

An organistion the size an might of Microsoft has a duty of care to fixe any
issues regarding using Word as email editor or anything els concerning flaws
with its products.

Graham - I follwed the gmayor link you gave and all I could see about fixing
word was a link to a registry cleaner (which I'd already tried and didn't
make a diff.). I then followed your other link to Advanced Trouble Shooting
but couldn't see anything appropriate for my problem.

Surely someone from Microsoft should help (but will they?) !!
--
phil b
australia

crossroads wrote:
I'm using XP Prof (SP3) and outlook 2002. I've recently resumed using
Outlook and at least once a day Word crashes with the Error signature;
winword.exe and ModVer 10.0.6753.0 and ModName: envelope.dll

I have no idea whether there's a connection with the crashes and using
Outlook but I'm guessing there is. I have Word set to edit on
Outlook. I use Bells & Whistles so I can use my own HTML formatting
for messages and signatures.

I've done the updates from M'soft and I searched on ModVer
10.0.6753.0 and see there's a recent Bulletin with this with the
instruction to check updates which I've done but the crashes persist.

any clues?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You are not addressing Microsoft. This is a user peer group forum. If you
have a problem with Microsoft, take it up with them

The link to my web site contains instructions on how to remove the temporary
files that are created and abandoned when Word crashes?

The other link, which I updated recently, provides a list of the issues that
cause Word to crash and how to address them. You will need to work through
them all to find the one responsible for triggering the error )probably a
template or add-in).

crossroads wrote:
I'm using XP Prof (SP3) and outlook 2002. I've recently resumed
using Outlook and at least once a day Word crashes with the Error
signature; winword.exe and ModVer 10.0.6753.0 and ModName:
envelope.dll

I have no idea whether there's a connection with the crashes and
using Outlook but I'm guessing there is. I have Word set to edit on
Outlook. I use Bells & Whistles so I can use my own HTML formatting
for messages and signatures.

I've done the updates from M'soft and I searched on ModVer
10.0.6753.0 and see there's a recent Bulletin with this with the
instruction to check updates which I've done but the crashes
persist.

any clues?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
crossroads crossroads is offline

Thought being a M'soft site, someone from there would be providing advice as
part of a "duty of care".
As you aren't from Microsoft but an "expert from around the globe" you may
like to know that I've followed both your links and the solution to what
seems a basic problem can't be found. Thanks anyway.
--
phil b
australia