Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cristina Cristina is offline

Default allow some editting in a locked document

I want to lock a document for editing, that is size and font should always
remain the same, as well as bullets and numbers.
However, I would like to allow people who will enter the text to apply
"bold", "italics" and "underscore" to their texts, as these editting
funcionalities are crucial for us.
However, with the normal "protect document" functionality, this does not
work anymore.

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Cristina
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Is this for an unprotected section of a protected document? If so, Word
(2007) allows you to apply Quick Styles (that is, styles available in the
Styles group of the Home tab) only. Unprotect the document, and then create
character styles that apply the desired formatting (for bold and italic you
can use the built-in Strong and Emphasis styles), making sure to enable the
"Add to Quick Style list" option in the Modify Style dialog box for each of
the styles. When you are done, protect the document again.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP