Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jrw

Default Template formats

I created two templates; each with pause stops. I changed some of the words
in the template to a blue font. When I use the templates, one retains the
blue font; the other doesn't. Any explanation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jrw

Pause stops are items in a document that are formatted as such: -Enter
data here (or at least I call them pause stops). You press F9 and the
cursor automatically goes to the next pause stop. In my template all of my
pause stops are in blue, however the blue font does not carry over to the
document itself.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What are "pause stops"?

"jrw" wrote in message
I created two templates; each with pause stops. I changed some of the

words
in the template to a blue font. When I use the templates, one retains

the
blue font; the other doesn't. Any explanation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

F9? That is the key to update fields. Perhaps F11?

See http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...tm#MacroButton and
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm for more
about macrobutton fields.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"jrw" wrote in message
Pause stops are items in a document that are formatted as such: -Enter
data here (or at least I call them pause stops). You press F9 and the
cursor automatically goes to the next pause stop. In my template all of
my
pause stops are in blue, however the blue font does not carry over to the
document itself.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What are "pause stops"?

so
all may benefit.

"jrw" wrote in message
I created two templates; each with pause stops. I changed some of the

words
in the template to a blue font. When I use the templates, one retains

the
blue font; the other doesn't. Any explanation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If they are something like MacroButton NoMacro fields, you can jump from one
to the next with F11. If you're using F9, I wonder if you're actually using
Word. This sounds more like WordPerfect.

"jrw" wrote in message
Pause stops are items in a document that are formatted as such: -Enter
data here (or at least I call them pause stops). You press F9 and the
cursor automatically goes to the next pause stop. In my template all of

my
pause stops are in blue, however the blue font does not carry over to the
document itself.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What are "pause stops"?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"jrw" wrote in message
I created two templates; each with pause stops. I changed some of the

words
in the template to a blue font. When I use the templates, one

retains
the
blue font; the other doesn't. Any explanation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If they are something like MacroButton NoMacro fields, you can jump from one
to the next with F11. If you're using F9, I wonder if you're actually using
Word. This sounds more like WordPerfect.

Or maybe Word with some Compatibility Options set to WP?

Greetinx
Robert
PS: I wouldn't know since I was never tempted enough to use these ...
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
Why do I get European date formats to choose from in my template? PegW Microsoft Word Help 1 December 30th 05 10:37 AM
Global/Master Template [email protected] New Users 1 October 27th 05 03:34 PM
CPU Usage When Working with Templates you created KM1 Microsoft Word Help 3 May 21st 05 11:57 PM
Documenting the template formats Brian Bischof Page Layout 3 December 15th 04 01:57 PM