Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Tabbed-browsing in Word?

After using tabs in Slimbrowser to browse the internet, my browsing has
never been the same. I was thinking that this should have been
implemented in Word by now. Does anyone have any info regarding
browsing DOCUMENTS using tabs in Word. It sure would be nice.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Outline view and document map?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

wrote in message
oups.com...
After using tabs in Slimbrowser to browse the internet, my browsing has
never been the same. I was thinking that this should have been
implemented in Word by now. Does anyone have any info regarding
browsing DOCUMENTS using tabs in Word. It sure would be nice.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think what the OP meant was supposedly something like Mozilla Firefox
where you have actual tabs.

The funny thing is that I was JUST (yestereday) recommennding a worker
about tabbed browsing using a relatively new product called Intellitabs
(intellitabs.com). (not free however).

So yes, if the OP meant that type of tabbed browsing, then "tabbed"
browsing is available for MS Word.

From personal experience, I can vouch for Intellitabs as a great time

saver. Its pretty natural if your used to internet tabbed browsing.
BTW, if you do get Intellitabs, get the Pro version. It has neat
futures like realtime display and sessions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Since Word 2000 you can also have separate items in the task bar. Still not
the same, I know. (I use Mozilla as my web browser and love the tabbed
browser interface.)
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

wrote in message
oups.com...
After using tabs in Slimbrowser to browse the internet, my browsing has
never been the same. I was thinking that this should have been
implemented in Word by now. Does anyone have any info regarding
browsing DOCUMENTS using tabs in Word. It sure would be nice.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yeah, if I remember correctly there was some drawback in Word 2000
specifially like no MDI support or something. Whatever the case, folks
that are using W2000 CANNOT use Intellitabs, it aint supported.

As for the taskbars, its a nice hack but it just makes the taskbar
polluted. I like my taskbar to be evironment-friendly. hehe.