Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ahahorse ahahorse is offline

Default How do I add the Helvetica font to Word 2007 Home?

The Helvetica font is not available or I can't find it. Is it available or
in the existing software?

Thanks.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I add the Helvetica font to Word 2007 Home?

Hi there! Adding new fonts to Microsoft Word is a great way to customize your documents and make them stand out. Unfortunately, Helvetica is not included in the default fonts that come with Word 2007. However, you can still add it to your font library by following these steps:
  1. First, you need to download the Helvetica font from a reputable website. There are many websites that offer free fonts, but be sure to choose a reliable source to avoid downloading any harmful software.
  2. Once you have downloaded the font, you need to install it on your computer. To do this, simply double-click on the downloaded file and click "Install" when prompted.
  3. After the font is installed, open Microsoft Word 2007 and click on the "Home" tab.
  4. In the "Font" section, click on the drop-down menu and scroll down until you see the name of the Helvetica font.
  5. Select the Helvetica font and start typing! You can also change the font size and color to further customize your document.

That's it! You have successfully added the Helvetica font to your Microsoft Word 2007 library. Keep in mind that this process may vary slightly depending on your operating system and version of Word, but the basic steps should be the same.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

Helvetica is an Apple / MAC O/S font, like Arial is a Microsoft / Windows
O/S font. The PC equivalent of Helvetica is Swiss 721.

"ahahorse" wrote in message
: The Helvetica font is not available or I can't find it. Is it available
or
: in the existing software?
:
: Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Install the font with Windows. As far as I know, Helvetica isn't included
with any version of Office (but I could be wrong), so you will have to buy
it first.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ahahorse" wrote in message
The Helvetica font is not available or I can't find it. Is it available
or
in the existing software?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Helvetica is a hot type font that long predates Macintosh computers --
maybe Apple has licensed it from its owner to include a digital
version with its applications. As such, it can probably be purchased
like any other commercial font.

(Arial was commissioned by and designed for Microsoft.)

"ahahorse" wrote in message

: The Helvetica font is not available or I can't find it. *Is it available
or
: in the existing software?
:
: Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 11:32:02 -0800, ahahorse
wrote:

The Helvetica font is not available or I can't find it. Is it available or
in the existing software?

Thanks.

Helvetica is a copyrighted commercial font owned by the Linotype
foundry (http://www.linotype.com/526/helvetica-family.html). It is not
licensed by Microsoft for distribution with either Windows or Office.
If you want real Helvetica, you will have to buy it and install it in
the Windows\Fonts folder.

Helvetica is licensed for distribution with some Hewlett Packard
printers, so you may investigate that.

There are dozens of very close imitations of Helvetica, described in
the "Similar typefaces" section of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvetica. You may be satisfied with
Arial, which does come with Windows, or you may want to try one of the
other imitations, some of which can be downloaded for free.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman