Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Stew Stew is offline

Default Mail merge data form problem after installing IE7

Since upgrading to IE7 on a number of PCs, we are now unable to move a Word
Mail Merge data form independently over a browser screen so that it can be
completed with data directly copied form another window.

This is the same for both Office XP and 2003 and the PCs are Windows XP SP2
but fully patched for office and windows.

I have uninstalled IE7 on one of the PCs and the function still does not
work but on an identical PC that I have not yet upgraded to IE7 the function
still works fine.

When you are on the browser page and you click on Word from the taskbar, the
Word window including the document itself, the mail merge recipients form and
the top level data form appear. These 3 all seem to be treated as one now but
before the upgrade, I could select just the top level data form and place it
over a browser window.

I hope this makes sense and any help or guidance will be greatly received.