Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rjoines

Default Date and time format

I am using Word 2003 in a Win XP Media Centerbox. I need to change the wasy
the date and time is displayed in my documents. If I type the date and time
as "05-10-2006 9:10pm" I want it to display as "2006.05.10.2110". I am able
to do it in Excel but can't find how to do it in Word.
--
R. G. Joines
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Word does not automatically convert typed dates to anything. The simplest
and most consistent method to achieve your required format is to use a macro
to insert the date - assign it to a toolbar button and/or keyboard shortcut

Sub InsertUSFormatDate()
With Selection
.InsertDateTime DateTimeFormat:="yyyy.MM.dd.HHmm", InsertAsField:=False
End With
End Sub