Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barn keeper Barn keeper is offline

Default Track changes in Word 2003

Today, when ever I have attempted to print any Word document the track
changes page also prints as a second page. I have never used Track Changes
and don't know how I even started it today. Nothing I can find to do
eliminates the problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The following article by Shauna Kelly explains how Track Changes work in
Word 2003:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html. The
article also explains how to turn off the feature.

For instructions on getting rid of (seemingly) blank pages, a good start is
to display nonprinting marks (for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8). Then
see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm for a full description.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Barn keeper" Barn wrote in message
Today, when ever I have attempted to print any Word document the track
changes page also prints as a second page. I have never used Track
Changes
and don't know how I even started it today. Nothing I can find to do
eliminates the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

Go to File | Print and take a look at the "Print What" box. Does it just say
Document or does it say something like List of Markup or Document showing
Markup? If you just want to print the document, make sure it just says
document.

"Barn keeper" wrote:

Today, when ever I have attempted to print any Word document the track
changes page also prints as a second page. I have never used Track Changes
and don't know how I even started it today. Nothing I can find to do
eliminates the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat M - City of Reno Pat M - City of Reno is offline

I have a document that doesn't really accept all changes. When you hit the
'Paragraph' marker to show non-printing, it is still showing changes that
weren't accepted. I didn't know this would show changes with on/off type use.
If I say Track Changes, then Accept all changes, all text deleted should go
away, right?
This always confuses me and others as well. I will go look at the Kelly
document.
--
Regards,
Pat

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

The following article by Shauna Kelly explains how Track Changes work in
Word 2003:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html. The
article also explains how to turn off the feature.

For instructions on getting rid of (seemingly) blank pages, a good start is
to display nonprinting marks (for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8). Then
see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm for a full description.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Barn keeper" Barn wrote in message
Today, when ever I have attempted to print any Word document the track
changes page also prints as a second page. I have never used Track
Changes
and don't know how I even started it today. Nothing I can find to do
eliminates the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat M - City of Reno Pat M - City of Reno is offline

Never mind. The user was using a 'Hidden' check box on the font to hide text
rather than use track changes properly. Jeeeeez! that was a good one

--
Regards,
Pat