Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cayce cayce is offline

Default what triggers clipboard image/paste options

Sometimes in a document when pasting I get an extra prompt from Word 2007.
The clipboard symbol appears next to the insertion point and it has a drop
down menu offers 4 choices:
Keep Source Formatting
Use Destination Formatting
Keep text Only
Set Default Paste...

What triggers this to appear? There are times I'd like to call it up when
pasting content to make one of these choices; but, I do not want it to always
appear. On Home Clipboard Group Options, right now I see mine is set to
"Collect Without Showing Office Clipboard" and "Show Office Clipboard on
Status bar." I haven't figured out how to get the Office Clipboard to trigger
with any of the 4 choices above.

Any ideas would be helpful.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The paste options will appear only if Office button Word Options Advanced
Cut, copy, and paste group "Show Paste Options buttons" is turned _on_.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"cayce" wrote:

Sometimes in a document when pasting I get an extra prompt from Word 2007.
The clipboard symbol appears next to the insertion point and it has a drop
down menu offers 4 choices:
Keep Source Formatting
Use Destination Formatting
Keep text Only
Set Default Paste...

What triggers this to appear? There are times I'd like to call it up when
pasting content to make one of these choices; but, I do not want it to always
appear. On Home Clipboard Group Options, right now I see mine is set to
"Collect Without Showing Office Clipboard" and "Show Office Clipboard on
Status bar." I haven't figured out how to get the Office Clipboard to trigger
with any of the 4 choices above.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cayce cayce is offline

Thanks Lene. I have that option turned on. What I am trying to uncover is how
to call up, on demand, the clipboard symbol to appear next to the insertion
point and its
down menu that offers choices like Keep Source Formatting, Use Destination
Formatting, Keep text Only. Do you know how to trigger this? I don't want to
have it appear all the time.

"cayce" wrote:

Sometimes in a document when pasting I get an extra prompt from Word 2007.
The clipboard symbol appears next to the insertion point and it has a drop
down menu offers 4 choices:
Keep Source Formatting
Use Destination Formatting
Keep text Only
Set Default Paste...

What triggers this to appear? There are times I'd like to call it up when
pasting content to make one of these choices; but, I do not want it to always
appear. On Home Clipboard Group Options, right now I see mine is set to
"Collect Without Showing Office Clipboard" and "Show Office Clipboard on
Status bar." I haven't figured out how to get the Office Clipboard to trigger
with any of the 4 choices above.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I don't know of any built-in method to trigger those options except for the
"Show Paste Options button".

--

"cayce" wrote:

Sometimes in a document when pasting I get an extra prompt from Word 2007.
The clipboard symbol appears next to the insertion point and it has a drop
down menu offers 4 choices:
Keep Source Formatting
Use Destination Formatting
Keep text Only
Set Default Paste...

What triggers this to appear? There are times I'd like to call it up when
pasting content to make one of these choices; but, I do not want it to always
appear. On Home Clipboard Group Options, right now I see mine is set to
"Collect Without Showing Office Clipboard" and "Show Office Clipboard on
Status bar." I haven't figured out how to get the Office Clipboard to trigger
with any of the 4 choices above.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cayce cayce is offline

OK Lene..thanks for trying.

I've been playing around with the clipboard options since I posted. I now
find that "Show Office Clipboard when Ctrl+C Pressed Twice" is working for
me. It wasn't previously so I'll stick with this since I control its
appearance.