Steve

Default insert a file directory and file list into a document

I am trying to create a document to list the file directories and lists of
files in each directory. But Windows does not seem to allow me to select a
list of directories and files, copy, and paste that list into a document. It
only seems to try to open the documents and insert them. I do not want to do
that, I only want to list them by directory and file name.
Can it be done?
Thanks.
Steve
Anne Troy