Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mikoyan Mikoyan is offline

Default Files corrupting on memory stick

Vista SP1, Word 2003

I have a problem with Word files corrupting when I edit them on a memory
stick. Should I not be doing this? Is it better to copy them to my hard
drive?

Regards, Anastas.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

You must create, edit, and save files on your hard drive.

"Mikoyan" wrote in message
: Vista SP1, Word 2003
:
: I have a problem with Word files corrupting when I edit them on a memory
: stick. Should I not be doing this? Is it better to copy them to my hard
: drive?
:
: Regards, Anastas.
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You should also 'safely remove' (via the icon in the notifications area) the
stick before physically removing it to make sure its directory gets properly
written.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Tom Willett" wrote in message
You must create, edit, and save files on your hard drive.

"Mikoyan" wrote in message
: Vista SP1, Word 2003
:
: I have a problem with Word files corrupting when I edit them on a memory
: stick. Should I not be doing this? Is it better to copy them to my hard
: drive?
:
: Regards, Anastas.
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mikoyan Mikoyan is offline

Thanks both of you for the swift response

Regards, Anastas.
"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
You should also 'safely remove' (via the icon in the notifications area)
the stick before physically removing it to make sure its directory gets
properly written.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Tom Willett" wrote in message
You must create, edit, and save files on your hard drive.

"Mikoyan" wrote in message
: Vista SP1, Word 2003
: