Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ziggie ziggie is offline

Default context menu on the desktop does not show Microsoft Word Document

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium OS and Microsoft Office 2003 installed.

I am not sure, what i had done. But, now I cannot see Microsoft Word
Document as the item listed in the context sub-menu when I right click on the
Desktop and click New. I was logged in as an Administrator.

I tried to create a new user with Administrator rights and then logged in as
the new user and everything was fine. I could see Microsoft Word Document in
the list.

So, it seems that something is messed up as far as User 1 is concerned and I
am not able to figure that out.

Please do let me know if any further information is required. Any help would
be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll probably do better asking in a Windows help group than in a
Word group.

On Dec 31 2008, 10:12*pm, ziggie
wrote:
I have a Windows Vista Home Premium OS and Microsoft Office 2003 installed.

I am not sure, what i had done. But, now I cannot see Microsoft Word
Document as the item listed in the context sub-menu when I right click on the
Desktop and click New. I was logged in as an Administrator.

I tried to create a new user with Administrator rights and then logged in as
the new user and everything was fine. I could see Microsoft Word Document in
the list.

So, it seems that something is messed up as far as User 1 is concerned and I
am not able to figure that out.

Please do let me know if any further information is required. Any help would
be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Repair Office (from the Office Installation disc setup) and check the option
to restore the shortcuts