Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Patrick C. Simonds Patrick C. Simonds is offline

Default TextBoxes and CheckBoxes

I am creating a Form and on the form I am placing TextBoxes and CheckBoxes
which will be filled using VBA. My problem is that I have set the TextBoxes
and CheckBoxes to transparent and turned off their boarders, I have even
placed them behind text, but when the form is viewed on the screen they
block what is in front of them. When I have the form open in the design mode
and when I print the form, everything works and displays as it should. Any
thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Patrick,

I am creating a Form and on the form I am placing TextBoxes and CheckBoxes
which will be filled using VBA. My problem is that I have set the TextBoxes
and CheckBoxes to transparent and turned off their boarders, I have even
placed them behind text, but when the form is viewed on the screen they
block what is in front of them. When I have the form open in the design mode
and when I print the form, everything works and displays as it should. Any
thoughts?

These were designed to work in Userforms, not on documents, so the behavior can
be... Odd. Have you tried positioning them to be "inline with the text" (no
text wrap)? They usually behave best in that "mode".

Or why not use FormFields, instead?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org