Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Valerio Valerio is offline

Default Template/Master Page in Word for webpages

In the realm of website designing, I wish to make a navigation utility that
gives the user a consistent measure of where in the website he is, and where
other things are. But using Word to make individual pages, seems to require
the manual hyperlinking each page... which I believe a template should solve,
(I'm thinking of the master page in Publisher). but word doesn't seem to
support a dynamic template, where I can go back to edit the template, and for
the effect to automatically show up on the other pages..

Please Advise
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Generating web pages from Word is a "convenience" feature, not a preferred
web authoring procedure. If you're at all serious about designing a web
*site* rather than a web *page* you'd be far better off to use the
appropriate software - such as MS Expression software, FrontPage - even
Publisher - or a program such as Dreamweaver or others (less expensive) that
are written for what web design is all about.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/6/07 3:06 AM, in article
, "Valerio"
wrote:

In the realm of website designing, I wish to make a navigation utility that
gives the user a consistent measure of where in the website he is, and where
other things are. But using Word to make individual pages, seems to require
the manual hyperlinking each page... which I believe a template should solve,
(I'm thinking of the master page in Publisher). but word doesn't seem to
support a dynamic template, where I can go back to edit the template, and for
the effect to automatically show up on the other pages..

Please Advise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Valerio Valerio is offline

So, I'm presuming that the answer to my question is that Word does not
support this feature...

wrote:

In the realm of website designing, I wish to make a navigation utility that
gives the user a consistent measure of where in the website he is, and where
other things are. But using Word to make individual pages, seems to require
the manual hyperlinking each page... which I believe a template should solve,
(I'm thinking of the master page in Publisher). but word doesn't seem to
support a dynamic template, where I can go back to edit the template, and for
the effect to automatically show up on the other pages..

Please Advise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Correct - and another program to consider would be PowerPoint.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/6/07 8:48 PM, in article