Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cayce cayce is offline

Default find text marked "Do not check spelling or grammar"

In W2003 how can I find text that is set to not be checked by spell/grammar
checker? I have Selected all the text in my document and set the
Tools--Language--Set language to US English. I also made sure that do not
check spelling or grammar are NOT checked. I also have check spelling and
grammar as you type checked in Tools OptionSpelling and Grammar.

thanks in advance for ideas.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Find dialog, leave the "Find what" box blank, click on More to expand
the dialog, then click Format | Language and check the box for "Do not check
spelling or grammar." Then Find All.

"cayce" wrote in message
In W2003 how can I find text that is set to not be checked by
spell/grammar
checker? I have Selected all the text in my document and set the
Tools--Language--Set language to US English. I also made sure that do
not
check spelling or grammar are NOT checked. I also have check spelling and
grammar as you type checked in Tools OptionSpelling and Grammar.

thanks in advance for ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cayce cayce is offline

thanks Suzanne. This helps. (I am used to W97 where you define no proofing
as a language to Find and then choose the language you want in its place
for the Replace.)

I noticed that the default language that comes up in the Find What is "no
language." In my case, US English is above it is also checked. Does it make a
difference if I leave the "no language" setting as is -or- should I always
change that to US English, even when it is shown above no language default
already and is checked? In other words, what does the active checkmark of US
English signify and how/what triggers it.

"cayce" wrote in message
In W2003 how can I find text that is set to not be checked by
spell/grammar
checker? I have Selected all the text in my document and set the
Tools--Language--Set language to US English. I also made sure that do
not
check spelling or grammar are NOT checked. I also have check spelling and
grammar as you type checked in Tools OptionSpelling and Grammar.

thanks in advance for ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think I'd leave well enough alone unless you're searching for a specific
word with specific language formatting or for any text with specific
language formatting (for example, if you're trying to root out all the
English (US) that's crept in and restore it to English (UK)). If you just
want to find a given word, phrase, etc., regardless of its language
formatting, then the "no language" setting is what you want.

"cayce" wrote in message
In W2003 how can I find text that is set to not be checked by
spell/grammar
checker? I have Selected all the text in my document and set the
Tools--Language--Set language to US English. I also made sure that
do
not
check spelling or grammar are NOT checked. I also have check spelling
and
grammar as you type checked in Tools OptionSpelling and Grammar.

thanks in advance for ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mackmans51@gmail.com is offline

http://tutorialway.com/check-spellin...icrosoft-word/