Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Default Inserting Merge Fields

One of my biggest gripes is with the implementation of how Merge fields have
to be inserted if you aren't using one of the cookie-cutter catchalls, such
as 'Address Block' or 'Greeting Line'.

Having to open/close the Insert Merge Field dialog box for _each_ field to
be inserted is totally unacceptable. The only alternative I have found is to
insert all necessary fields adjacent to one another, then close the dialog
box and reposition the fields in your form doc... equally problematic,
inconvenient & time consuming, especially if there are a number of fields to
be inserted.

If there is something I'm not aware of I hope someone will let me know.

Otherwise, MS, why not do away with the modal nature of the dialog box so
you can just double-click a field name, then navigate/click in the doc &
insert another field without having to close & reopen the dialog box?

At least give us back the Field Name list on the Mail Merge toolbar rather
than the useless Insert Merge Field button that just takes you back into the
same dialog box you shouldn't have had to close in the first place. It seems
to be that the 'new & improved' mail merge of 2002/03 is a giant step
backward to something worse than what it was going back prior to Word v5...
beyond that, I can't remember.

Regards |:)

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Taz, try this, though I don't feel it's an acceptable solution either. They
just keep making Mail Merge worse and worse.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/i...osoft_word.htm
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm will make life
easier for you - or you could always simply type in the field codes if you
know the names of the fields/

CyberTaz wrote:
[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.