Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BillK62 BillK62 is offline

Default Deleting AutoFormat Lines

Inside Word, if you type several hyphens in a row and press Enter, Word
inserts a horizontal line that crosses the entire page. This is a nifty
feature, but I always have a problem: I can never delete the silly thing. You
can't select this line, you can sort of move it, but I can never seem to find
a way to get rid of it. (And sometimes, in the process of trying, Word
inserts another line now and then, compounding the problem.)

Does anyone know how to delete this thing? I think it's an AutoFormat
feature, but I'm not sure. (I had the same problem with my earlier version of
Word also.)

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BillK62 BillK62 is offline

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed to know. Over the years I have
searched everywhere I could think of for an explanation like this. Microsoft
should include this article in their help file somewhere.

Thanks again.