Default Protecting/editing forms

Hi there,

I'm currently developing forms under word 2003 and have come across an
issue that I can't seem to find an answer to:

In this form, Sections A, B and C all have form fields that are
required to be filled out, and therefore the form must be protected.
However, there is a requirement to have either section B or section C
deleted by the user if it's not applicable to the specific situation.

I'm only able to protect the sections either to allow full-text editing
or to allow forms to be filled out, which is causing a problem.

Is there a way that I can have BOTH these functionalities? I'd like the
user to be able to delete the inapplicable section and still have the
ability to complete the inline form fields where necessary.

Thanks!
Ben Mounsey

Cindy M -WordMVP-

I'm currently developing forms under word 2003 and have come across an
issue that I can't seem to find an answer to:

In this form, Sections A, B and C all have form fields that are
required to be filled out, and therefore the form must be protected.
However, there is a requirement to have either section B or section C
deleted by the user if it's not applicable to the specific situation.

I'm only able to protect the sections either to allow full-text editing
or to allow forms to be filled out, which is causing a problem.

Is there a way that I can have BOTH these functionalities? I'd like the
user to be able to delete the inapplicable section and still have the
ability to complete the inline form fields where necessary.

The simplest would be to simply let the user unprotect, delete, then
reprotect (In Word 2002/2003 this can be done from the Forms toolbar
without losing any data; in earlier versions it would require a macro)

The more user-friendly method would be to provide a macro tool that lets
the user choose which to remove, then does it for him.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org