Andy

Default How can I put a unique reference code on a document?

BAsically I need to put a reference code on saved document that changes in
sequence each time I open it up.

Is this possible?
Margaret Aldis

If you literally want to change a code on document open, then you need an
AutoOpen macro that increments a document variable or document property and
updates fields. Within the document, use a field to show the property or
variable.

If you don't want to use a macro, then you might be able to make use of the
RevNum field, which counts the number of times the document has been saved.

However, if what you are really trying to do is use the document as a
template to produce numbered copies, you may find what you want he

http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/Macros...piesOf1Doc.htm

http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/mailme...fDocMMerge.htm

http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

UPC BAR CODE davek Microsoft Word Help 4 March 22nd 05 11:16 PM
Reference Manager: Macro cannot be found or has been disabled Christy Microsoft Word Help 1 February 20th 05 09:27 AM
Cross reference to custom caption type Ton Microsoft Word Help 2 February 9th 05 03:04 PM
Improvements for the Insert Reference feature in Word Mark Hydeman Microsoft Word Help 0 February 3rd 05 07:57 PM
How do I use the PRINT field code to ... Dave Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 03:06 PM