tim

Default problem with drag and drop sound files - please help

Hi

Yesterday I could drag a small .wav file from my file explorer into my word
2000 doc and an loudspeaker icon appeared. When I clicked on the icon the
sound immediately played. Perfect....

Now nothing works... when I drag and drop the wav file it just opens in Word
(as text !). If I try embedding the wav file as an object it takes a long
time to appear, then I get a warning message, then finally the sound player
(whichever one is associated) opens.

I'm running XP with SP2.