Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shosha2 shosha2 is offline

Default watermarks, Word 2007 and HP 3015 all in one

My HP 3015 will not print watermarks reliably. It skips every other letter
in the text watermark. HP is clueless, as usual. Any suggestions most
gratefully accepted.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure what the path for this is in Word 2007 (looks like you start
with Page Layout | Page Background | Color), but go to the Printed Watermark
dialog and clear the check box for "Semitransparent."

"shosha2" wrote in message
My HP 3015 will not print watermarks reliably. It skips every other
letter
in the text watermark. HP is clueless, as usual. Any suggestions most
gratefully accepted.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shosha2 shosha2 is offline

Works like a charm. I am very grateful to you. Is there a way to make "not
semitransparent" the default choice here, or must I remove the check box on
each document in which I create a watermark? I've checked through all the
"word options" areas in Word 2007 setup and can't find any place that affects
watermark defaults.

"shosha2" wrote in message
My HP 3015 will not print watermarks reliably. It skips every other
letter
in the text watermark. HP is clueless, as usual. Any suggestions most
gratefully accepted.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wpaul42 wpaul42 is offline

In Word 2007 "Semitransparent" check box can be found at Page Layout Page
Background Watermark Custom Watermark... Text watermark (radio button)

"shosha2" wrote in message
My HP 3015 will not print watermarks reliably. It skips every other
letter
in the text watermark. HP is clueless, as usual. Any suggestions most
gratefully accepted.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
c3000ca c3000ca is offline

Hi,

I have the same problem in Word 2007. When I uncheck the "Semitransparent"
box in the Watermark as instructioned, the watermark does print out
correctly; however, it brings greater problem for me as following:

I normally insert section break to every page of my word files for the
discontinuous of footers (different version numbers and dates). When I
uncheck the "Semitransparent" box in the Watermark, all the discontinued
headers are disappeared. Funny thing is the Footer still exist. I repeat
again, the header disappeared on those pages with discontinued Footer. Can
anyone tell me how can I insert the watermark and have the watermark print
out correctly when I have footers and headers?

Secondly, in Word 2003, I can insert watermark to certain page as long as I
unselect the "Link to Previous" and click "Show/Hide Document Text" to hide
Document Text, I can insert the watermark to the page I select. This
function seems doesn't work anymore in Word 2007. Could you please tell me
how can I insert watermark to selected pages instead of the whole document?

--
Oldman