Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jon T Jon T is offline

Default Word formats my entrie paragraph, not just one line

Hi, Hope someone can help. Running Word 2003 SP3, Windows XP Pro SP2. I
Word, when I have text like:

Hello
My name is Jon
How are you?

If I select some text (eg name is Jon) and click BOLD, then only those
characters I've selected are bolded. That's fine. But if I select an entire
line (eh How are you?) and click BOLD, then all three lines are bolded. This
happens when I select any line and also happens for other format changes
(like Italics). Is there some kind of setting I cant find that is making word
do this? I want Word to only change the formatting of the line I've select,
not the formatting of the unselected lines as well.

Thanks,

Jon