Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marf marf is offline

Default Authoshapes Question

I am trying to draw a flow chart using the Autoshapes provided with Word 2003.

When I am trying to add a connector from the tip of the diamond shape to
another shape, I cannot get the arrow to point exactly to the point of the
diamond, but rather it is off by a tiny bit that I cannot correct. It's bad
enough that it looks weird when you print it... how do I fix it...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

My experience is that it is MUCH easier to draw your flowchart in PowerPoint
and then paste it into Word. If you select all the objects in PowerPoint,
group them, copy the group, and then use the "Paste Special" command to paste
the flowchart in as an Enhanced Metafile, it behaves quite nicely.

"marf" wrote:

I am trying to draw a flow chart using the Autoshapes provided with Word 2003.

When I am trying to add a connector from the tip of the diamond shape to
another shape, I cannot get the arrow to point exactly to the point of the
diamond, but rather it is off by a tiny bit that I cannot correct. It's bad
enough that it looks weird when you print it... how do I fix it...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Marf,

Prior to Word 2007 the 'connection attachment points' are only active when you're working inside of a MS Draw[ing] Canvas. In Word
that's
Insert=Picture=New Drawing
Powerpoint slides are, in effect, each a drawing canvas and the connectors are always active.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Question about TOC antares Microsoft Word Help 3 December 15th 07 01:59 PM
Question MoJR Microsoft Word Help 5 November 28th 06 09:04 PM
TOC question GY2 New Users 5 July 31st 06 03:50 PM
question donna Microsoft Word Help 1 August 23rd 05 05:31 PM
another question Mindy Mailmerge 1 April 21st 05 11:29 PM