Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pascal Pascal is offline

Default Error when I close Word with the white cross

Hi,

Each time I close Word with the white on red cross at the top right corner I
get an error message saying that Word has stop working€¦ and will restart
automatically€¦

Is somebody know why I get this error when I just want to leave the
software, and if you know a fix for it?
Thank you all

--
Pascal
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Pascal,

Each time I close Word with the white on red cross at the top right corner I
get an error message saying that Word has stop working€¦ and will restart
automatically€¦

Is somebody know why I get this error when I just want to leave the
software, and if you know a fix for it?

Which version of Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Pascal,

OK. Could you try holding down the CTRL key when you start Word, please. That will
force Word into "Safe Mode". (Note: things may look "funny".) Open a document and
edit it. Or write some text in the new document, then save it. (Just so Word thinks
it's been doing something.)

Now close it by clicking the red cross, same as you always would.

Does Word close correctly, or do you still get the error message?

If it closes correctly, then something Word is loading is causing problems when Safe
Mode is not in force. Generally, this would be an "Add-in" of some kind.

In this case, your next trouble-shooting step would be to start Word normally. Go to
the Office button, select "Word Options", then choose the "Add-in" entry in the panel
at the left. All Add-ins loaded by Word will appear in a list. There will be quite a
few. If you click on an entry, you'll see more information below the list. Do you see
any entries that are *not* from the Publisher "Microsoft" and are not of the type
XML?

Could you list what Type these entries are, please?

I use Word 2007
Each time I close Word with the white on red cross at the top right corner I
get an error message saying that Word has stop working€¦ and will restart
automatically€¦

Is somebody know why I get this error when I just want to leave the
software, and if you know a fix for it?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pascal Pascal is offline

Hi cindy,

I have done the test, so far Word doesn't crash when I use it in safe mode,
but only in normal mode.

Basicaly I already suspected the Add-ins, I have only one active Add-in (i
removed the Microsoft Sky Drive Beta few days ago) which is "Person Name
(Outlook e-mail recipient)". I just removed it as well, so no Addin left! I
also desactivated Addin from the trust center (so if one if hidden somewhere
it should be stop). But Word crash again and again...

I have 3 inactive addins:
Custom XML Data
Headers, Footers, and Watermarks
Hidden Text

thank you for your help

--
Pascal

"Cindy M." wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Pascal,

I have done the test, so far Word doesn't crash when I use it in safe mode,
but only in normal mode.

Basicaly I already suspected the Add-ins, I have only one active Add-in (i
removed the Microsoft Sky Drive Beta few days ago) which is "Person Name
(Outlook e-mail recipient)". I just removed it as well, so no Addin left! I
also desactivated Addin from the trust center (so if one if hidden somewhere
it should be stop). But Word crash again and again...

OK, were you having the problem before you installed the Sky Drive beta? (I
have no idea what that is BTW.) How did you "remove" it (which steps)?

Which version of Windows are you running? And if it's a version with advanced
security features (such as Vista) are you able to log in with administrator
permissions?