Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beachman2003 Beachman2003 is offline

Default Envelope Fonts in Word 2007

I would like to print envelopes without having to reset the font, style,
size, and color of the return and delivery addresses every time. I am using
Word 2007 and cannot seem to find an option to set defaults in the
Envelopes/Labels tool. I manually change and save, but it returns to its own
default selection afterwards. I would prefer to use different font styles and
sizes so I can customize my return address instead of purchasing printed
envelopes.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For this sort of situation, your best bet is to create an envelope template.
In a new Blank Document, start by choosing the appropriate envelope size as
your paper size. Set appropriate margins, then select Envelope Return as the
style of your first paragraph and Envelope Address for the second. Modify
those styles as desired, then save the envelope as a template. You lose some
of the functionality of the Envelopes dialog, but what you gain is worth the
loss.

Note that, for reasons I've never understood, the list of envelope choices
in the Envelopes dialog is much longer than that in the Paper Size dropdown
in Page Setup, so if your envelope is a size not directly supported by your
printer, you may want to use Add to Document to extract an envelope in the
desired size from the dialog into a place where you can customize it. For
instructions on detaching the resulting envelope from the document, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm.

"Beachman2003" wrote in message
I would like to print envelopes without having to reset the font, style,
size, and color of the return and delivery addresses every time. I am

using
Word 2007 and cannot seem to find an option to set defaults in the
Envelopes/Labels tool. I manually change and save, but it returns to its

own
default selection afterwards. I would prefer to use different font styles

and
sizes so I can customize my return address instead of purchasing printed
envelopes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beachman2003 Beachman2003 is offline

Thanks. Once I save the custom envelope as a Word Template how do I set it up
so that when I create envelopes in Word it uses this template?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can't access it through the Envelopes dialog; you must select the
template in the File New dialog (or current equivalent).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Beachman2003" wrote in message
I would like to print envelopes without having to reset the font,

style,
size, and color of the return and delivery addresses every time. I am

using
Word 2007 and cannot seem to find an option to set defaults in the
Envelopes/Labels tool. I manually change and save, but it returns to

its
own
default selection afterwards. I would prefer to use different font

styles
and
sizes so I can customize my return address instead of purchasing

printed
envelopes.

Adding Fonts In Word 2007 JORDON Microsoft Word Help 3 March 30th 08 02:06 AM
how to put more than one envelope in 2007 word dory Microsoft Word Help 1 April 9th 07 11:47 AM
Word 2007 printing envelope Peter Mailmerge 3 September 25th 06 12:25 PM
Envelope Fonts mike New Users 4 February 6th 06 05:41 PM
Fonts on envelope delivery address....CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP??? Marcia Microsoft Word Help 5 January 11th 05 04:55 AM