Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KAL

Default Word2002:How to auto-display Section or Heading titles in index?

How do I get MS Word's Indexing feature to auto display Section or Heading
Titles in addition to (or rather than) page numbers (in the actual
auto-generated Index, i.e., final results)?

thanks,

KAL
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S0FM?=,

How do I get MS Word's Indexing feature to auto display Section or Heading
Titles in addition to (or rather than) page numbers (in the actual
auto-generated Index, i.e., final results)?

I don't think it's possible with any of Word's built-in functionality. A
macro solution would probably be possible if the index were generated with
numbering from a Heading style. A macro should be able to replace each #-
with the text from the corresponding Heading paragraph.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org