Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
djm djm is offline

Default How to vertical format in mail merge labels?

I'd like to vertically center my labels using Word 2003 mail merge. Any
suggestions?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to vertical format in mail merge labels?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can vertically center your labels using Word 2003 mail merge:
  1. Open a new blank document in Word 2003.
  2. Click on "Tools" in the menu bar and select "Letters and Mailings" and then "Mail Merge."
  3. In the Mail Merge task pane, select "Labels" and then click on "Next: Starting document."
  4. Select the label size and type that you want to use and then click on "Next: Select recipients."
  5. Choose the source of your recipient list and then click on "Next: Arrange your labels."
  6. In the Arrange Your Labels step, click on "More items" to add the fields that you want to include in your labels.
  7. Once you have added all the fields, click on "Preview your labels" to see how they will look.
  8. In the preview, click on the first label to select it.
  9. Click on "Format" in the menu bar and select "Paragraph."
  10. In the Paragraph dialog box, select the "Alignment" tab.
  11. Under "Vertical alignment," select "Center" and then click on "OK."
  12. Repeat steps 8-11 for each label in the preview.
  13. Once you have finished formatting your labels, click on "Next: Preview your labels" to see the final result.
  14. If everything looks good, click on "Next: Complete the merge" and then follow the prompts to finish the mail merge.

That's it! Your labels should now be vertically centered.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Labels are just tables, so use the "Cell alignment" item on the shortcut
menu that appears when you use Right Click in a label.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"djm" wrote in message
I'd like to vertically center my labels using Word 2003 mail merge. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try...

....in your Mail Merge main document there should be a single table. Select
it, then use

Table|"Table properties"|Cell|"Vertical alignment"|Center

Peter Jamieson
"djm" wrote in message
I'd like to vertically center my labels using Word 2003 mail merge. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
djm djm is offline

Doug,
This worked!! I had been trying to format via TABLE from main menu, not
thinking of formating from TABLE toolbars. Thanks a milliion!!

"djm" wrote in message
I'd like to vertically center my labels using Word 2003 mail merge. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
djm djm is offline

Peter,
I tried this earlier, but it didn't work for me. Hold on, I just thought I
retry with a new mail merge label setup before I finished with this reply and
it worked. I am confused, but happy with the results. Thanks for your
assistance.

"djm" wrote in message
I'd like to vertically center my labels using Word 2003 mail merge. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Hubes Hubes is offline

How would this be accomplished in Word 2007? I can do it cell by cell but I
would like to be able to format all the cells at one time.

Thanks