Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chyndonax

Default How do I show hidden text on a mouse click or in a baloon tip

I need to allow my readers to get information when they click on a word but
want it to remain totally hidden (except for the word being underlined and/or
a different color) until clicked on. The help file for office does this but
uses a bit of javascript named javascript:AppendPopup. I couldn't find the
actual code for it or any help at all in office help or on the web about how
to do that. But it doesn't have to be javascript, just an effect similar to
what that code does in the help file.

An alternative would be a baloon type popup that activates on a mouseover or
mouse click. The hidden text option is preferred though since it allows
greater user customisation of what is displayed in the document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

There's no simple way to do this in a Word document. You could use
macrobutton fields, linked to a macro that pops up the text you want when
clicked. There's no way to do mouse-over effects.

"Chyndonax" darth[underscore]nax[at]yahoo.moc wrote in message
I need to allow my readers to get information when they click on a word but
want it to remain totally hidden (except for the word being underlined
and/or
a different color) until clicked on. The help file for office does this
but
uses a bit of javascript named javascript:AppendPopup. I couldn't find the
actual code for it or any help at all in office help or on the web about
how
to do that. But it doesn't have to be javascript, just an effect similar
what that code does in the help file.

An alternative would be a baloon type popup that activates on a mouseover
or
mouse click. The hidden text option is preferred though since it allows
greater user customisation of what is displayed in the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You CAN get a ScreenTip if you bookmark the word and then insert a hyperlink
to that bookmark, using the hyperlink ScreenTip for the "mouseover" text,
but it is spoiled by having "Ctrl + click to follow link" added to the text
you supply.