#1   Report Post  
Samuel Solomon via OfficeKB.com

Default Rectangular symbols appearing when reading Word 2000 doc in XP

A number of perfectly good Word 2000 documents, when opened in Office XP show nothing but a series of rectangles (like the National Geographic symbol); if I try to "Select All" and change the font, the display changes in keeping with the width of the font, but thats about all. e.g., Original Doc in Arial; now when changed to Arial Narrow, the rectangles become narrower, but still remain rectangles.

Similarly, have a problem accessing PPT files from Powerpoint 2000; Error message says "Cant open the file represented by filename".

Any suggestions?

--
Message posted via http://www.officekb.com

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off