Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aExplore aExplore is offline

Default Why does header view AND print faded?

I don't know why, but the header and footer on my word documents are showing
up and orinting more faded than the rest of the document. I have a graphic
and some text, in the header, text only in the footer. After double clicking
on the header, in the editing mode, everything shows up full color. But when
I go back to the main document, it goes to the faded mode, and prints that
way. How can I stop this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you checked to make sure the font used in your header is black and not
grey?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"aExplore" wrote in message
I don't know why, but the header and footer on my word documents are
showing
up and orinting more faded than the rest of the document. I have a
graphic
and some text, in the header, text only in the footer. After double
clicking
on the header, in the editing mode, everything shows up full color. But
when
I go back to the main document, it goes to the faded mode, and prints that
way. How can I stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's just how it works. The header is a different part of the document,
and shows up faded out when not active. Nothing you can do to change it.

On 10/5/06 10:38 AM, "aExplore" wrote:

I don't know why, but the header and footer on my word documents are showing
up and orinting more faded than the rest of the document. I have a graphic
and some text, in the header, text only in the footer. After double clicking
on the header, in the editing mode, everything shows up full color. But when
I go back to the main document, it goes to the faded mode, and prints that
way. How can I stop this?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But it doesn't ordinarily *print* that way. I have had documents where the
header appeared dimmed in Print Preview--can't remember whether it actually
printed that way, though. I would imagine this might suggest some sort of
document corruption.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/