Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Forms/Tables Forms/Tables is offline

Default creating a form with tables having multiple lines of text

I am trying to create a form that will have several rows and cells.

A simple example: I've created a table with 5 rows. I want a user to be
able to continue typing till all info about subject is input. Ex: When user
starts typing in Row 1, I want the data to wrap to Row 2, then Row 3, etc.
Even if I protect the document, when you type in a row, the table expands.
If I designate how many characters can go in a row, the table won't expand,
but nothing wraps to the second row. You'd have to jump to the next row with
the tab button and then continue typing. Is there a way to make the data
wrap from Row 1 to Row 2, etc.?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You can want it all you like, but Word doesn't work this way. Your only
viable option is to use a single cell with graphic lines; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm