Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kim White Kim White is offline

Default How can I create four equal boxes of text on one page?

I have a Word page that has a flier for a parade that is listed twice in
order to put the information two on a page. I need to make this same flier,
but four on one page. Instead of one sheet of paper having two copies of the
flier, I need to reduce the size and make it four copies of the flier to one
page. The quarter size sheets will fit in the Christmas cards much easier
than the larger half of a sheet of paper. I am a semi-novice with Word
documents. I must have this problem solved by today, Friday, Novmber 30th.
Thank you for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Two ways of doing this.
The simpliest is to create your flier (only one) on one page of A4/Letter,
get it just right and then print, with "4 pages" selected in the Pages per
sheet option on the print dialog box. Remember you will need to put "1,1,1,1"
in the Pages section of the Page Range options. You can then do the number of
copies.
Or create a borderless table of 2x2 and arrange this to fit the page, then
add your text and arrange as required.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Kim White" wrote:

I have a Word page that has a flier for a parade that is listed twice in
order to put the information two on a page. I need to make this same flier,
but four on one page. Instead of one sheet of paper having two copies of the
flier, I need to reduce the size and make it four copies of the flier to one
page. The quarter size sheets will fit in the Christmas cards much easier
than the larger half of a sheet of paper. I am a semi-novice with Word
documents. I must have this problem solved by today, Friday, Novmber 30th.
Thank you for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kim White[_2_] Kim White[_2_] is offline

Where to I find the way to access the borderless 2x2 tables? I feel so
stupid. This is fairly new for me. Thanks!

"Kim White" wrote:

I have a Word page that has a flier for a parade that is listed twice in
order to put the information two on a page. I need to make this same flier,
but four on one page. Instead of one sheet of paper having two copies of the
flier, I need to reduce the size and make it four copies of the flier to one
page. The quarter size sheets will fit in the Christmas cards much easier
than the larger half of a sheet of paper. I am a semi-novice with Word
documents. I must have this problem solved by today, Friday, Novmber 30th.
Thank you for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If there are already two copies of the flier on the page, the simplest thing
to do would be to use the "2 pages per sheet" option in the Print dialog,
which would result in four copies on a page.

"Kim White" Kim wrote in message
I have a Word page that has a flier for a parade that is listed twice in
order to put the information two on a page. I need to make this same
flier,
but four on one page. Instead of one sheet of paper having two copies of
the
flier, I need to reduce the size and make it four copies of the flier to
one
page. The quarter size sheets will fit in the Christmas cards much easier
than the larger half of a sheet of paper. I am a semi-novice with Word
documents. I must have this problem solved by today, Friday, Novmber
30th.
Thank you for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Sorry if this is too late for your deadline (family commitments called "the
weekend").
I mean create a table (from the Table menu on the main options list, Insert,
Table) of 2 columns and 2 rows, giving you a table of 4 cells.
I would think that the multipage printing option would be quicker for you as
the Table could be tricky to get "just right".
Hope you got your fliers out in time.
All the best
DeanH