Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
JJ Runnion JJ Runnion is offline

Default In Office 2007 Preview table not working

According to the documentation, when I click on Insert/Table drop down, the
little squares are supposed to highlight and auto preview a table. They
don't. Clicking on them left or right does nothing either.

I thought this would be a cool feature, but if it doesn't work, can it be
called a feature?

any ideas?
--
JJ Runnion
IT Support

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jen_writer jen_writer is offline

I've been having the same problem. I used to click the table insert button on
my toolbar and select the number of squares in the drop-down menu to create
the table size. But now when I click the button, a new window pops up where I
have to type in the number of rows/columns. The drop-down just randomly
stopped working one day and I really miss it!!

"JJ Runnion" wrote:

According to the documentation, when I click on Insert/Table drop down, the
little squares are supposed to highlight and auto preview a table. They
don't. Clicking on them left or right does nothing either.

I thought this would be a cool feature, but if it doesn't work, can it be
called a feature?

any ideas?
--
JJ Runnion
IT Support
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Prescott, AZ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi John,

In Word 2007's Options (Alt, T, O) in the 'Popular' setting check the setting for 'Enable Live Preview'. (If it's on toggle it off
then back on again).

=========
"JJ Runnion" wrote in message ...
According to the documentation, when I click on Insert/Table drop down, the
little squares are supposed to highlight and auto preview a table. They
don't. Clicking on them left or right does nothing either.

I thought this would be a cool feature, but if it doesn't work, can it be
called a feature?

any ideas?
--
JJ Runnion