Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill Ridgeway Bill Ridgeway is offline

Default Missing toolbars

A client of mine reports he has lost all the toolbars (even the default
'File', 'Edit' ... 'Windows', 'Help') at the top of the screen in Word
(although Excel is OK). He has uninstalled and re-installed Word but with
no change. He suspects a faulty Registry. I haven't come across this
before and I'm not convinced that running a Registry checker (either in its
present state or after uninstalling Word) will have any effect.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote in message
A client of mine reports he has lost all the toolbars (even the

default
'File', 'Edit' ... 'Windows', 'Help') at the top of the screen in

Word
(although Excel is OK). He has uninstalled and re-installed Word

but with
no change. He suspects a faulty Registry. I haven't come across

this
before and I'm not convinced that running a Registry checker (either

in its
present state or after uninstalling Word) will have any effect.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissngMenusEtc.htm

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote in message
:A client of mine reports he has lost all the toolbars (even the default
: 'File', 'Edit' ... 'Windows', 'Help') at the top of the screen in Word
: (although Excel is OK). He has uninstalled and re-installed Word but with
: no change. He suspects a faulty Registry. I haven't come across this
: before and I'm not convinced that running a Registry checker (either in
its
: present state or after uninstalling Word) will have any effect.
:
: Any ideas please?
:
: Thanks.