Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LPS LPS is offline

Default Word 2000/2007- Blank Last Pages

I have a client who is using Next Page Section Breaks and all is fine until
the last page, which shows up as a blank. I have tried all the tricks in
Suzanne Barnhill's document about remvoing blank pages, but nothing works.
The best I could do was select the paragraph marker and hide it. That of
course, doesn't get rid of the last page on-screen, but does suppress it for
printing purposes.

I tried all of Susanne's suggestions in Word 2007 (in compatability mode) as
my client is using Word 2000.

Any other suggestions as to how to remove/delete a blank last page?
All help is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
--
LPS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the last page is caused by a paragraph mark following a table then there
is no way to remove it aside from hiding the paragraph mark.

http://word.mvps.org

"LPS" wrote in message
I have a client who is using Next Page Section Breaks and all is fine until
the last page, which shows up as a blank. I have tried all the tricks in
Suzanne Barnhill's document about remvoing blank pages, but nothing works.
The best I could do was select the paragraph marker and hide it. That of
course, doesn't get rid of the last page on-screen, but does suppress it
for
printing purposes.

I tried all of Susanne's suggestions in Word 2007 (in compatability mode)
as
my client is using Word 2000.

Any other suggestions as to how to remove/delete a blank last page?
All help is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
--
LPS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LPS LPS is offline

The last blank page is caused by a paragraph mark following a "next page"
section break, not a table. But I think it is the same result.
Thanks,
--
LPS

"LPS" wrote in message
I have a client who is using Next Page Section Breaks and all is fine until
the last page, which shows up as a blank. I have tried all the tricks in
Suzanne Barnhill's document about remvoing blank pages, but nothing works.
The best I could do was select the paragraph marker and hide it. That of
course, doesn't get rid of the last page on-screen, but does suppress it
for
printing purposes.

I tried all of Susanne's suggestions in Word 2007 (in compatability mode)
as
my client is using Word 2000.

Any other suggestions as to how to remove/delete a blank last page?
All help is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
--
LPS

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In that case, you need the trick to remove that section break; see the very
end of http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"LPS" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marysully marysully is offline

I tried Suzanne's suggestions to make the last paragraph mark on the extra
page as small a font as possible and it worked beautifully!

"LPS" wrote:

I have a client who is using Next Page Section Breaks and all is fine until
the last page, which shows up as a blank. I have tried all the tricks in
Suzanne Barnhill's document about remvoing blank pages, but nothing works.
The best I could do was select the paragraph marker and hide it. That of
course, doesn't get rid of the last page on-screen, but does suppress it for
printing purposes.

I tried all of Susanne's suggestions in Word 2007 (in compatability mode) as
my client is using Word 2000.

Any other suggestions as to how to remove/delete a blank last page?
All help is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
--
LPS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In this particular case, however, deleting the superfluous section break is
more appropriate. Did you read Suzanne's most recent message in this thread?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP