Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Caryl Caryl is offline

Default scanned table

I scanned 1 page of a list/table with an hp 1200 printer/scanner. Is there
any way for me to "edit" this table? Rather than just viewing it as 1 whole
item, I would like to be able to ultimately do a mail merge. If this is not
the correct forum for such a question, my apologies. Please tell me where I
could find help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You need OCR software to convert the scanned graphic to editable text -
Microsoft's document imaging that comes with recent Office versions (though
not installed by default) may do the trick though it is very limited in its
capabilities. Check the software bundle that came with your scanner.

.

Caryl wrote:
I scanned 1 page of a list/table with an hp 1200 printer/scanner. Is
there any way for me to "edit" this table? Rather than just viewing
it as 1 whole item, I would like to be able to ultimately do a mail
merge. If this is not the correct forum for such a question, my
apologies. Please tell me where I could find help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Caryl Caryl is offline

Graham - you are a champ! My software did support OCR! it was the (though
not installed by default) part that had me messed up. thanks!
"Caryl" wrote:

I scanned 1 page of a list/table with an hp 1200 printer/scanner. Is there
any way for me to "edit" this table? Rather than just viewing it as 1 whole
item, I would like to be able to ultimately do a mail merge. If this is not
the correct forum for such a question, my apologies. Please tell me where I
could find help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You are welcome

"Caryl" wrote:

I scanned 1 page of a list/table with an hp 1200 printer/scanner.
Is there any way for me to "edit" this table? Rather than just
viewing it as 1 whole item, I would like to be able to ultimately do
a mail merge. If this is not the correct forum for such a question,
my apologies. Please tell me where I could find help.

Scanned documents Tamathy Microsoft Word Help 1 April 25th 07 02:23 PM
Scanned image old salt Mailmerge 2 July 14th 06 09:21 PM
scanned document looks different Sheila Alllen Microsoft Word Help 4 July 3rd 05 07:47 PM
Scanned Signatures LAllen Microsoft Word Help 1 April 8th 05 07:38 AM
scanned document mom50 Microsoft Word Help 1 February 18th 05 01:23 AM