Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dilirah Dilirah is offline

Default How do I change the default style for Word 2007?

I don't like the default style that's selected for Word 2007, but I cannot
seem to find where to change it. I would rather not have to change the style
every time I start a new document. Can someone tell me how to change that
default setting?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I'm not 100% certain what you mean by "default style". I suspect what
you are looking for is on the Home tab/Styles group. Under Change
Styles select another style set or use "Save as Quick Style set" if
you want Word to used your modified styles as a Style Set. Then under
Change Styles select "Set as Default".

If that's not what you want then you please provide us with some
additional details?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Dilirah" wrote in message
I don't like the default style that's selected for Word 2007, but I
cannot
seem to find where to change it. I would rather not have to change
the style
every time I start a new document. Can someone tell me how to
change that
default setting?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dilirah Dilirah is offline

Thanks for the reply, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. I don't
care which style SET I use. What I want is this: When I load Word and start
typing, I do not want the paragraph normal option in my set selected, I want
the "No Spacing" style automatically selected. I've played with the Styles
Menus and Manage Styles options, and can't figure out how to change the style
that is automatically selected when Word starts.

"Dilirah" wrote in message
I don't like the default style that's selected for Word 2007, but I
cannot
seem to find where to change it. I would rather not have to change
the style
every time I start a new document. Can someone tell me how to
change that
default setting?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Additional details are always helpful. :-)

Create a new blank document and in the Styles group, click the Dialog
Launcher (button in the bottom right corner) to display the Styles and
Formatting task pane. Hover your mouse over the Normal style and then
lick the drop down when it appears and select "Modify". Under the
Format button, click Paragraph, and change the Space After to 0 and
Line Spacing to "Single". Prior to clicking OK for the Modify Style
dialog, mark the option "New documents based on this template".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Dilirah" wrote in message
I don't like the default style that's selected for Word 2007, but
cannot
seem to find where to change it. I would rather not have to
change
the style
every time I start a new document. Can someone tell me how to
change that
default setting?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dilirah Dilirah is offline

Thank you. That worked. If only there had been a way that didn't require
modifying an existing style. Oh course, no spacing IS normal for me.

"Dilirah" wrote in message
I don't like the default style that's selected for Word 2007, but
cannot
seem to find where to change it. I would rather not have to
change
the style
every time I start a new document. Can someone tell me how to
change that
default setting?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leland Leland is offline

Beth you are a stone-cold freaking genius! The reply that you posted solved
the "line spacing" problem that I have been having for weeks and that has
been driving me nuts.

How can I ever thank you? Dance at your next wedding? Get an autographed
photo for you of "Darth" Chaney?

Thanks again.

Leland