Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] true_songstress@hotmail.com is offline

Default Word 2003 mail merge-can you auto save letters individually?

I have a monstrous mail merge to do where I have to individually save
each letter with the title in a certain format. (It needs to contain a
reference number) I have literally SEVEN HUNDRED letters to save and
it's going to take me forever to do it one by one!

Does anyone have ideas on an efficient way of doing this?

Thanks,

Em

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a monstrous mail merge to do where I have to individually save
each letter with the title in a certain format. (It needs to contain a
reference number) I have literally SEVEN HUNDRED letters to save and
it's going to take me forever to do it one by one!

Does anyone have ideas on an efficient way of doing this?

Thanks,

Em

mutludeli mutludeli is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Robbins - Word MVP View Post
See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a monstrous mail merge to do where I have to individually save
each letter with the title in a certain format. (It needs to contain a
reference number) I have literally SEVEN HUNDRED letters to save and
it's going to take me forever to do it one by one!

Does anyone have ideas on an efficient way of doing this?

Thanks,

Em
YESSSS its work great job..