Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CFLJoe CFLJoe is offline

Default Question Office 2007 Small Business

I have MS Small Bus 2007 on a new laptop. Have used word for years. I had a
bunch of Word docs from a desktop w/ XP Pro that I copied on a flash drive
and transferred to this new laptop. Anyway, Whenever I open a word doc, the
bar at the very botton where the Start is has another word doc on it with
"nothing" in it. Never seen this before. What do I do??
--
CFL Joe
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

If you are using Norton Anti Virus, disable the Office Plug-in.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"CFLJoe" wrote in message
I have MS Small Bus 2007 on a new laptop. Have used word for years. I had
bunch of Word docs from a desktop w/ XP Pro that I copied on a flash drive
and transferred to this new laptop. Anyway, Whenever I open a word doc,
the
bar at the very botton where the Start is has another word doc on it with
"nothing" in it. Never seen this before. What do I do??
--
CFL Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CFLJoe CFLJoe is offline

Am not using Norton. Have McAfee. Please, what does this have to do with
Word creating another doc that is blank, whenever I open a word doc? The
blank do is at the bottom of my desktop in the bar section.
--
CFL Joe

"CFLJoe" wrote in message
I have MS Small Bus 2007 on a new laptop. Have used word for years. I had
bunch of Word docs from a desktop w/ XP Pro that I copied on a flash drive
and transferred to this new laptop. Anyway, Whenever I open a word doc,
the
bar at the very botton where the Start is has another word doc on it with
"nothing" in it. Never seen this before. What do I do??
--
CFL Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

I understood the question and I gave you a possible answer that isn't
applicable in the instance. It is one of many odd NAV foibles caused by the
NAV Office Plugin. I've not heard any reports of VirusScan causing a similar
problem though.

Would you clarify that you are double-clicking a document saved to the
desktop whilst Word is CLOSED so that Word launches with the document
opened? If so, if Word is already open, do you get the same problem?

Terry

news

"CFLJoe" wrote in message
I have MS Small Bus 2007 on a new laptop. Have used word for years. I
had
bunch of Word docs from a desktop w/ XP Pro that I copied on a flash
drive
and transferred to this new laptop. Anyway, Whenever I open a word
doc,
the
bar at the very botton where the Start is has another word doc on it
with
"nothing" in it. Never seen this before. What do I do??
--
CFL Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CFLJoe CFLJoe is offline

I have Word docs saved to Documents. I click start then click Documents. I
dbl click on a folder then dbl click a specific doc. When it opens it
creates another doc on the bottom that is totally blank. The opened doc is
in compatability mode. The other blank doc is blank but just shows Microsoft
Word.
--
CFL Joe

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

I understood the question and I gave you a possible answer that isn't
applicable in the instance. It is one of many odd NAV foibles caused by the
NAV Office Plugin. I've not heard any reports of VirusScan causing a similar
problem though.

Would you clarify that you are double-clicking a document saved to the
desktop whilst Word is CLOSED so that Word launches with the document
opened? If so, if Word is already open, do you get the same problem?

Terry

news

"CFLJoe" wrote in message
I have MS Small Bus 2007 on a new laptop. Have used word for years. I
had
bunch of Word docs from a desktop w/ XP Pro that I copied on a flash
drive
and transferred to this new laptop. Anyway, Whenever I open a word
doc,
the
bar at the very botton where the Start is has another word doc on it
with
"nothing" in it. Never seen this before. What do I do??
--
CFL Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

If you open Word and use File, Open to open your document, do you still get
the same problem?

Try reregistering Word to see if that helps. From Start, Run (Winkey+R) type
in

winword /r

and press enter. Test again.

Terry

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

I understood the question and I gave you a possible answer that isn't
applicable in the instance. It is one of many odd NAV foibles caused by
the
NAV Office Plugin. I've not heard any reports of VirusScan causing a
similar
problem though.

Would you clarify that you are double-clicking a document saved to the
desktop whilst Word is CLOSED so that Word launches with the document
opened? If so, if Word is already open, do you get the same problem?

Terry

news